Preparation time : 15 minutes
Cooking time : 10 minutes
Serves : 6-8 people
By gone days of utter innocence of flipping magazine pages as a kid just gazing at all the colour full pages of attractive advertisements and movies stars. The image of Monaco biscuits stacked up with edible goodies over it always made me drool with the scheduled time table of food served at boarding school. I always wondered how it would taste and who serves such stylish visually attractive food at homes ?? Even then not realising that my passion was food and cooking. The Monaco image just vanished away from my mind as days, months and years passed by. Having to entertain some guests at home, I was fed up with the regular starters I always serve. Pondering around in my mind for an easy but impressive starter…. The image of my by gone days of the Monaco biscuits that haunted me just popped up in my mind. Well now was the time to execute the image to reality. I remember seeing cheese cubes, olive slices, tomato bits on top the biscuits. I had none of the above in my pantry. I just assembled the biscuits with ingredients That I thought might taste good. Had a fast taste before serving to guests. My fantasy of tasting the canopy in style was thrown in to the bin with reality taking over but the taste was sure worth the wait after all the by gone years.
|Monacco salted biscuits||1 packet|
|Red , yellow and green capsicum||chopped each colour 1/8 cup|
|Sweet corn||3 tablespoons|
|Carrot||1 small grated|
|Boiled eggs||2 chopped ( optional)|
|Boiled Chicken bits||1/2 cup ( optional)|
|Tomato sauce||4 tablespoons|
|Red chilli powder||1/4 teaspoon|
- Mix mayonnaise, sugar, salt, tomato sauce and red chilli powder together until the sugar dissolves. Taste and adjust seasoning. Keep aside.
- Mix the chopped red, yellow and green capsicum with sweet corn and carrot. Add the mayonnaise mix to the mixed veggies and mix well.
- Just before serving. Assemble the canopy with topping each biscuit first with the veggie mayonnaise mix, sprinkle with chopped boiled eggs and top with a chicken piece.
- Serve immediately or else the canopies tend to get soggy.
- Vegetarians can avoid the egg and chicken used. Instead can opt for boiled potatoes, paneer, broccoli flower lets etc..
- Let your imagination rule and create your favourite taste canopy.