Preparation Time : 15 minutes
Cooking Time : 10 minutes
Serving : 6 members
Palazm kachinathu or palazm koolu as we call it at home . This is a typical ravuthar dish from Palghat region . Both my grand mothers are experts in making this dish . It is usually served with arusi maavu rotti ( rice flour pathiri , recipe posted already ) or iddiappam . But can be had as it is as a payasam in the end of any meal
|Ripe Kerala plantain||4 cut into 2 inch thick circles|
|thick coconut milk||1 cup|
|very thin coconut milk||2 cups|
|rice flour||1 table spoon heaped|
- Cook the Kerala plantain in thin coconut milk and salt .
- Cook till the plantains are soft but firm . Add sugar to taste and mix well .
- Dilute rice flour in the thick coconut milk .
- Pour over the cooked Kerala plantains and keep stirring in low flame till it gets to a thick flowing consistency .
- Make sure the coconut milk does not curdle . Add water if required , in case it is too thick . Taste and adjust . Remove from heat .
- Heat ghee add cinnamon and clove . Pour over the cooked plantains mixture and mix well .
- Serve hot with rice flour pathiri ,iddiappam or as a dessert as it is .