Preparation Time : 10 minutes
Cooking Time : 12 to 15 members
Serving : 4 to 6 members
A good side dish to have with idli and dosa than the usual sambar and chuntnys . I first got to taste this dish in a hotel in trichy , Tamil Nadu . Got the recipe from my sister – in – law vaseela . I bet you will have a extra idli or dosa with vada Kari .
|Bengal gram vada||6 to 8|
|ginger||1/2 inch piece crushed|
|garlic||3 flakes crushed|
|red chilli powder||1 tea spoon|
|green chillies||2 chopped|
|fennel powder||1/2 tea spoon|
|garam masala powder||1/4 tea spoon|
|roasted Bengal gram dal||1 tea spoon powdered|
|tomato||3 big ( blanched , peeled and ground )|
|oil||3 table spoon|
|Turmeric powder||1/4 tea spoon|
|sugar||1/4 tea spoon|
|coriander leaves||few chopped to garnish|
- Heat oil , fry the onions , ginger and garlic to brown .
- Top with chilli powder , green chillies , fennel powder , garam masala powder , Bengal gram powder . Fry till oil separates .
- Mix in the ground tomatoes and fry till oil floats on top . Pour 3 cups of water adding salt and sugar . Boil till raw smell has gone .
- Then add the Bengal gram vadas half whole and half crushed . Boil for a few minutes .
- If the gravy is to thick add water to get a thick following consistency . Taste and adjust .
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with idli and dosa .