Preparation Time : 35 minutes
Cooking Time : 45 minutes
Serving : 5- 6 members
The present day phones serve us double to triple as a point of shoot camera , recording videos , saving notes ( mainly recipes for me ) sharing ones special moments .. I can go on and on . There’s no end to the possibilities with these handy new age mobile phones . It literarily brings the entire world into your hands which is a boon to home makers like me to feel totally liberated in all means . I make maximum use through sauté, fry n bake by sharing my recipes , my thoughts related to the dish and taking pictures . All done with this wonder device that I own .( no computer here )I am loving it how you all pay your compliments , doubts and comments that comes along with a free advertising for sure :-)) . Like wise I have a very few talented home chefs that I compliment and never fail to try their recipes . One among them is mr . Jaspreeth nirula ji who’s North Indian gravies are the best I have tried out till date . The recipes he post’s are made with every day ingredients in our kitchen and the best part being the way the recipe is described . I make sure to pen down each of his recipes in my hand written recipe note book . If you follow the recipe religiously , the results are sure high praise where ever you serve it . I made this dish like wise and it tasted awesome . Having a doubt about some measurement of an ingredient to be used , went through the entire recipe once again and found out that jaspreeth ji has made panner using rasagulla recipe method ( with out dipping into the sugar syrup ) and used for the gravy .i used left over rasagullas from my refrigerator that I had after Diwali for the gravy . Only then did I realise that I made a big flaw in the dish but to me it tasted perfect . Served it for lunch and sure was followed with high praise as always with jaspreeth jis recipe . A blunder that turned into a wonder dish . Hubby dear made sure to pack some for his vegetarian aunt ( mrs . Mahmudha Rabbani ) . I did receive a call from her saying you need brains to think and create such a dish . Happy me as the blunder in my kitchen did serve to prove that I had a little brains , hahaha .. and finish of the rasagullas from my refrigerator in an innovative stylish way .
Ingredients for Makhani gravy
|Ginger , garlic and green chilly paste||1 teaspoon|
|Red chilli powder||3 teaspoons|
|Cumin seed powder||1 teaspoon|
|Cashew paste||2 tablespoon|
|Fresh Cream||2 tablespoon|
Method for makhani gravy
- Melt butter in a heavy bottomed pan . Add ginger , garlic and green chilly paste .
- Sauté to crisp . Add tomato purée and sauté until oil floats on top . Top with red chilli powder , cumin seed powder and salt . Sauté further for another 3 minutes until oil separates . Add sugar , cashew nut paste , 1/2 cup water and mix well .
- Bring to boil and cook for 5-6 minutes until oil separates . Taste and Adjust seasoning . Garnish with fresh cream and set aside .
Ingredients for onion tomato gravy
|Ginger garlic paste||1 teaspoon|
|Cumin seeds||1 teaspoon|
|Red chilli powder||2 teaspoon|
|Coriander powder||2 teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1/2 teaspoon|
Method for onion tomato gravy
- Heat oil in a wide pan . Too with cumin seeds , once they splutter add onions and fry to a golden brown colour .
- Add ginger and garlic paste . Sauté to crisp . Top with red chilli powder , coriander powder , turmeric powder and salt along with little water so that the spice powders do not burn .
- Once the oil separates add the chopped tomatoes and mix well . Cook in medium heat letting the tomatoes to melt apart from it’s skin to become a mashy mass of gravy and oil floats on top .takes about 10-12 minutes . Remove from heat and set aside .
Ingredients for the main dish
|Rasagullas||15 squeeze out the sugar syrup and set aside|
|Dry whole red chillies||3|
|Chopped ginger||1 teaspoon|
|Chopped garlic||1 teaspoon|
|Chopped green chillies||3|
|Coriander powder||2 tablespoons full|
|Red chilli powder||2 teaspoons or to taste|
|Cumin seed powder||3 teaspoon|
|Fennel seed powder||1 teaspoon|
|Garam masala powder||1 teaspoon|
|Fresh cream||2 tablespoons|
|Makhani gravy||onion tomato gravy|
Method for the main dish
- Melt butter is heavy bottomed wide pan . Fry the whole dry red chillies to crisp , remove and set aside . Make sure not to burn the whole dry red chillies . Top with chopped ginger , garlic and green chilled . Stir for a minute .
- Add the makhani gravy and the onion , tomato gravy and mix well . Sauté for five minutes letting the flavours into one another in medium heat .
- Top with coriander powder , red chilli powder , fennel seed powder , cumin seed powder and mix well . Pour 1 to 2 cups of water and bring to boil for about five minutes .
- Squeeze out the sugar water from the rasagullas and add to the gravy and mix gently . Adjust consistency and seasoning to taste . Cook for another 10- 15 minutes in medium heat .
- Mix in the fresh cream , sprinkle with garam masala powder and serve hot garnished with fried whole red dry chilled .
In case you want to make rasagullas at home . Click the link below to follow the recipe