Preparation Time : 20 minutes
Cooking Time : 10 minutes + over night in the refrigerator to set
Serving : 8 members
Don’t remember from where I took note of this recipe . Tried it out and the gelatin I used was not enough to set the Cheese cake right so next time I used more and it was yummylishous . I first got to hear and know about cheese cakes when my kids were 2-4 years old from my sister fazeem . She had just returned from a long holiday in U . S. A . Cheese cake was one among the main stories that she shared about her trip ( as I mentioned before its her who inspired me in trying a hand in desserts ) the way she explains and talks about the desserts you sure will be tempted to eat and know more about it . But cheese cake , I was like we use cheese only for savoury dishes ….. Desserts with cheese . My mind set took a long time to take away the savoury tought of cheese . Give it a try and go cheeeeeeeeese .
Ingredients for crust
|Marie biscuit||1 packet crushed|
|melted butter||2 - 4 tablespoons|
|sugar||2 tablespoons powdered|
Ingredients for cheese cake
|cream cheese or cheese spread||150 grams|
|orange juice||2 oranges|
|fresh cream||2 cups|
|egg whites||2 beaten to stiff|
|rind of one orange|
- Mix crushed biscuit , melted butter and powdered sugar together .
- Press down into a greased spring tin or pudding tray to cover the base . Refrigerate in freezer for 10 minutes .soak gelatine in water .
- Mix egg yolks with milkmaid and cook over medium heat in a double boiler .
- When the yolk mixture gets warm add the soaked gelatine and keep stirring till gelatine dissolves . Do not let the mixture boil .
- Remove from heat keep stirring and cool down . Mix cream cheese , orange juice , orange rind and fresh cream together .
- Add this mixture to the yolk mixture . Beat the egg whites to stiff . Fold the egg whites into the orange cheese mixture . Pour this mixture over the biscuit base .
- Chill for 2 hours in the freezer to set and place in the refrigerator over night . Serve garnished with whipped cream and orange segments.