Preparation Time : 10 minutes
Cooking Time : 15 minutes
Serving : 8 members
Steamed apple pudding . I learnt to make this pudding at the beginning when i started to cook. I was confident with only steamed puddings then. Remember how i used to go through all the cook books possible for steamed puddings . I made it for the first time when my uncle jaffer ali came over to my place to visit me . He is not at all fussy with food even kanji (boiled rice with its starch) and payaru upperi (green gram boiled) will do for him . In fact it’s his favourite.I was so surprised when he asked me for a second helping of the steamed apple pudding . It’s that delicious and very easy to prepare with few ingredients. A regular pudding on my table very often.
|apples||2 peeled , cored and cut into thin sliced|
|sugar||1 cup +4 teaspoons|
|mixed fruit jam||5 tablespoons|
|milk powder||1 cup|
|vanilla Essence||1 teaspoon|
- Immerse sliced apples in water or apply little lime juice to prevent discolouring .
- Pour 1/4 cup water and 4 teaspoons of sugar to the apples and cook for few minutes . Drain the syrup and set aside .
- Blend eggs , milk , sugar , milk powder and vanilla essence together till sugar dissolves .
- Grease a pudding dish with butter all around . Spread jam evenly on the base and sides .
- Arrange stewed apples in a round decorative manner on the base of the dish on top of the jam . Press the apple pieces firmly towards the jam .
- Pour the egg , milk mixture gently over the apple pieces , making sure the apples are not messed up .
- Cover the dish with a lid .preheat water in a pressure cooker , place a stand in the Center . Keep the pudding dish over closed with a lid and pressure cook for 3 whistles .
- Remove from heat , cool and refrigerate for 5 hours . Run a knife all around the pudding .
- Turn upside down on a flat plate and serve chill .