Preparation Time : 1 hour 15 minutes
Cooking Time : 40 – 45 minutes
Serving : 6 members
Nutella pull apart rolls. The first time i got to see these pull apart rolls was in a food blog but they were savoury pulls apart rolls . been wanting to try it but as the process of making these requires a lot of time, i kept postponing. Woke up early and had nothing to keep me occupied with. Tadaa, pull apart rolls just came to my mind. Made it , was so delicious. These pull apart rolls remind me of my best friends Sindhu krishna and gazeena sulu kunahamed. We got to know each other in gsps (Good shepherd public school in ooty). sindhu was one year senior to sulu and me but sindhu and sulu were in the same house (autumn), me in summer. Something drew all the three of us together. In between sulu left school and joint in alvernia in Coimbatore. And my last year in school i was left all alone without sindhu as she was one year senior to us. I got married of immediately, sulu was doing college in calicut and sindhu was of to muscat. even then, though we were not in touch with each other. I never felt the warmth and comfort i shared with them with other friends. (They both feel the same way too till date)Sindhu came down to India and did her college in Trivandrum. I got back in touch with her then. Sulu was married by then and was placed in Dubai. Something or the other kept us apart from each other and never got a chance to be together except for one trip to chennai, my daughters wedding and last year for our back to roots in ooty. Three days in ooty for the back to roots are one among the most cherished days of my life as i got to be myself after decades. The best part was even sindhu and sulu felt the same way. The comfort level, our talks and everything was the same as when we were kids. Touch wood, i am so happy and thank full to god to have blessed me with two lovely, sticky phenomenon, hard to pull apart friends.
|Butter||2 teaspoon for brushing|
|Warm milk||1/2 cup|
|Nutella||3 tablespoons ( but I used more as I have a terrible sweet tooth )|
- Mix yeast and sugar with warm milk . Set aside in a warm place for 10 -12 minutes for the yeast to frost .
- Make a soft dough with flour and frosted yeast . Add more milk if needed . Knead the dough on a clean flat surfaced counter top .
- Mix salt with butter . Add the salted butter into the dough and knead well . Cover the dough with a cling – film and set aside to rest for 40 to 45 minutes to double in size .
- Punch the dough and knead well again . Roll out on a floured surface to about 1/4 inch thick . Spread the Nutella evenly all around . Roll the spread out dough into a spiral log tightly and gently .
- Cut the log into 2 inch thick pieces and place cut side up in a round 9 inch greased baking pan . Making sure the cut rolls are placed with some equal space in between for the rolls to rise . Leave to double in size again for another 40 to 45 minutes .
- Preheat an oven to 200 degree Celsius . Bake for about 20 minutes . ( my rolls were baked in 18 minutes ) the crust should be golden in colour . Remove and brush the top with melted butter when hot .
- Cool completely and serve . ( I served it warm as it was getting late for breakfast with every one at the table , it tasted absolutely yummy )