Preparation Time : 35 minutes
Cooking Time : 10 minutes
Serving : 10 members
I use to hate cutlets when I was a kid . Every time my mom used to force n feed me . Results I would throw up . I was so dame skinny n thin Then ( hope I am now ….. ) , mom just added beet roots along with potato once for the cutlet . It was pink in colour . The colour sure did attract me a lot . I tried one and that is how I started eating cutlets .
|Potato||1/2 kg ( boiled , peeled and mashed )|
|chicken||200 gm (boneless )|
|Turmeric powder||1/4 tea spoon|
|garam masala powder||1/4 tea spoon|
|green chillies||4 crushed|
|ginger garlic paste||1/2 tea spoon|
|chilli flakes||1 tea spoon|
|coriander leaves||2 table spoon chopped|
|mint leaves||1 table spoon chopped|
|pepper and salt||to taste|
|lime juice||1/2 lime|
|egg||1 beaten with salt and pepper to taste|
|bread crumbs||2 cups|
|oil||2 table spoons and to shallow fry|
- Boil chicken with turmeric powder , ginger garlic paste and salt to taste . Cook till dry n shared the chicken .
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a non stick kadai . Add onions and green chillies and fry to translucent .
- Add all the other ingredients one by one except for egg , bread crumbs , lime and oil to shallow fry . Saute till all the flavors infuse together .
- Remove from flame add lime juice . Mix well taste and adjust and cool .Make equal round balls of the potato mixture , dip in beaten egg . Then roll over in the bread crumbs.
- Place each ball on a flat surface and flatten with palms to get a four inch patty , dusting with bread crumbs.
- Heat oil and shallow fry the cutlets on both sides for 2 minutes on each side to golden brown in color .
- Drain and serve hot with tomato ketchup .