Preparation Time : 25 minutes + 3 hours or more for marination .
Cooking Time : 3-4 minutes for each batch deep fried .
Serving : 3-4 members
I always end up cooking any dish which transforms to be really spicy and leads to being dominated with our Indian flavours . So for a change forced myself towards a simple and a bit bland dish wanting the protein to speak for itself . The final out come with few ingredients used transformed into a chicken fry packed with subtle , delicate flavours . I did give a try following the same recipe with basa fish and served it with a white sauce . It did work then too with an exotic blend to suit all kinds of tastes . We at home , celebrated of this moorish starter that was fragrantly herby . You can follow the recipe up to coating with the panco bread crumbs and refrigerate them and deep fry to a golden brown colour when required . A practical way to save things for lazy days . This recipe falls under the every one can cook category specially beginners . Well easy is beautiful but when it’s along with fast , clever , easy , save time , genius and a quick fix recipe . What more do you need !!!!
|Bone less chicken||1/4 kg cut to flat thin strips|
|Red chilli flakes||to taste|
|Garlic crushed||2 flakes|
|Pepper + salt||to taste|
|Lime juice||1/2 a squeeze|
|Panco bread crumbs||1 1/2 cups|
|Dried basil||1/2 teaspoon|
|Egg||1 beaten with salt + pepper to taste|
- Marinate cleaned chicken strips with red chilli flakes , salt , pepper , crushed garlic and line juice for 3 hours or more .
- Mix panco bread crumbs with dried oregano and basil . Place the panco crumbs over a flat plate . Dip marinated chicken strips into beaten egg and coat over the panic bread crumbs making sure it’s coated well all around .
- Do the same to all the chicken strips . Heat oil to medium heat to deep fry . Deep fry the chicken strips in batches for 3-4 minutes to a golden colour and crisp . Drain over absorbent paper and serve hot with any sauce of choice .
- You can do the same with fish and prawns .
- Vegetarians can do the same with paneer , tofu , baby corn and potatoes but cut these into finger size instead