Preparation Time : 10 minutes
Cooking Time : 40 minutes
Serving : 6 to 8 members
Recipe courtesy femina magazine . I knew to make very few dishes useing besan flour like bajji and pakoda . I wanted to Prepar this dish as soon as I read it . It’s an awesome tasteing snack . I serve it usually for break fast or in the evening along with tea . I bet, you won’t be able to stop with one piece .
|Gram flour||200 gm|
|cashew nuts||30 chopped|
|green chillies||1 chopped|
|coriander leaves||4 table spoons chopped|
|turmeric powder||1/2 tea spoon|
|chilli powder||1 tea spoon|
|tamarind pulp||1 tea spoon|
|sugar||1/2 tea spoon|
|oil||5 table spoons plus 1 tea spoon plus 200 ml to deep fry|
- Mix gram flour , cashew nuts , powdered spices , green chillies , tamarind pulp , coriander leaves , salt , sugar and water together . Heat 5 table spoons of oil in a non – stick pan .
- Add the gram flour mixture and sauté for twenty minutes on medium heat till dry . Remove and set aside .
- Grease a square or rectangular shaped plate 1 inch deep with 1 tea spoon oil .
- Press the gram flour mixture evenly into it , about 1/2 inch thickness .
- Allow to cool for thirty minutes . Cut into 2 inch squares .
- Heat oil and deep fry to golden brown in colour . Serve hot with green chuntny and tomato sauce . In Marathi it’s called kaju kothimbir vadi .