Preparation time : 20 minutes
Cooking time : 18 minutes
Serves : 8 members
My neighbor gayathri’s kid keeps me entertained with all his laughs, cries and naughty playfulness. I get to hear him do all this from home. It’s always a joy when he is next doors. The silent home of mine feels so festive with his sound heard here. I was so happy to hear her mom sing a song to her grand son. With sheer joy and delight, I messaged Gayathri about this. She did give a call and we had a small chat catching up on the current happenings. She told me she will be visiting her mom the following weekend and asked me to send over cup cakes. Now baking cup cakes is a easy thing for me but the frosting part is one task I was nervous about. I took the life out of my girl Anisha who is a pro in cup – cakes. Some how made them, packed and sent it over. I waited for the verdict but didn’t get any. So I messaged Gayathri. She was like, aunty the cup cakes are coming by flight today to chennai. My cup cakes flying .. I laughed my guts out. Yet to get the verdict over the flight travelled cup cakes though..
|Flour / maida||1 1/2 cups|
|Baking powder||1 1/2 teaspoon|
|Eggs||2 large at room temperature|
|Melted Butter||3/4 cup|
|Vanilla essence||2 teaspoons|
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree Celsius. Line a muffin tray with paper cup cake liners.
- Mix flour, salt and baking powder together.
- Beat eggs and sugar to light and foamy with an electric egg beater for two minutes.
- Add melted butter little at a time and mix well. Then add vanilla essence and mix further.
- Add half of the flour mix, then add the milk and mix well.
- Top with remaining flour mix gently. Make sure not to over mix the batter.
- Pour the batter equally into the lined paper cup cake moulds.
- Bake for 15 -18 minutes or until a tooth prick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove and cool completely. Decorate and serve.
|Whipped cream||5 cups|
|Powdered sugar||1/4 cup|
|Strawberry essence||2 drops|
|Pink food colour||few drops|
- Mix all the frosting ingredients together.
- Fill into piping bags and decorate as desired.
- If using mini cup cake moulds, bake them for 10 -12 minutes.