Preparation Time : 20 minutes
Cooking Time : 5 minutes
Serving : 8 members
Every time I go to the department stores any where . I take time and go around exploring all the things . If i have a little idea about what the product is, i buy it and experiment at home . That’s how I got to know about rice paper sheets . It is a Vietnamese dish . I saw the recipe in one of the tv channels and made it for my hubby’s cousin sister and her daughters . They loved it . I have made some changes from the original recipe according to the Indian taste buds .
|Rice paper sheets||4 ( soaked in salted water for a minute and lay them on a wet towel )|
|ice burg lettuce||3|
|glass noodles||1 cup boiled|
|capsicum – green,red ,yellow||1/2 each juliens|
|fish sauce||1 teaspoon|
|lime juice||1 teaspoon|
|soya sauce||1 teaspoon|
|roasted peanuts||1 teaspoon|
|shredded chicken||1/4 cup|
|sliced omellet||1/4 cup|
|chilli flakes||1/4 tea spoon|
- Lay the rice paper soaked in salted water for a minute on to a wet towel . The rice paper should be soft and flexible .
- Mix glass noodles , carrot , capsicums , cucumber and torn iceberg lettuce together . Set aside .
- Mix fish sauce , lime juice , soya sauce , chilli flakes , roasted peanuts together . Pour this dressing mixture over the mixed salad vegetables .
- Toss well and add chicken and omellet together . Pile this salad mixture onto the Center of the rice paper sheet length wise .
- Fold the sides first and then roll tightly as you do for spring rolls .
- Fish sauce – 1 teaspoon , lime juice – 1/2 teaspoon , red chillies -2 crushed . Mix all together . Pour into a small bowl .
- Cut the rice paper spring roll into 4 pieces .
- Serve with spicy dip and sweet chilli sauce .