Preparation Time : 15 minutes
Cooking Time : 15 minutes
Serving : 4 members
A favourite dish liked by all . Every one has their own recipe but I like mine the best . A regular dish at home , specially in the lunch box when My kids went to school .
|Basmati Rice||1 cup|
|Spring Onion||1 Bunch|
|carrot||100 gm chopped|
|French Beans||100gm chopped|
|celery||2 stalks chopped|
|garlic||1 tablespoon minced|
|light soya sauce||1 teaspoon|
|white pepper||to taste|
|chicken||1/4 cup (optional)|
- Wash and soak rice for 10 minutes . Cook in plenty of boiling water adding salt to taste and 1/2 teaspoon lime juice .
- Stir and cook through without breaking the rice . Strain . Keep aside for 5 minutes . Then spread onto a flat tray .
- Heat 1/2 of oil and vegetables and stir fry on high flame for 3 minutes . Remove when vegetables are 1/2 cooked . Keep aside .
- Heat the remaining oil add garlic and fry to light brown . Top with the chicken and fry for a minute .
- Then add the rice . Mix gently adding the vegetables , salt to taste , white pepper to taste , ajinomoto and soya sauce .
- Gently stir making sure not to break the rice . Mix in scrambled eggs . Mix well . Taste and adjust .
- Serve hot with any Chinese based gravy dish .
Chicken – 1/4 cup ( pressure cook with 1/2 teaspoon vinegar and salt to taste ) shread . (Optional )