Preparation Time : Marination over night or 8 hours + 15 minutes
Cooking Time : 45 minutes
Serving : 4 members
Grilled Mutton Chops. A First try dish which turned out really well.My hubby didn’t like it though as he want’s his meat always really soft and to melt in the mouth. The chops as is grilled is cooked well but can be had only with a bite and a bit of chewing . I made this with mutton chops pieces but the neck portion and the ribs are equally good for this dish.Make sure the meat has a lot of fat in it so that the meat stays juicy even after its cooked. The carmelised bits of fat on the meat pieces helps to add a lot of flavour and moister to the dish. My hubby’s cousin brother Yousuf is a great foodie and a good cook like me. Both of us keep trying new dishes and sent it over to each of our homes waiting for the verdict. He introduced me to mac and cheese which was nigella lawsons recipe and mutton ribs which he made by himself for a feast when my daughter was newly married. I do miss his dishes a lot now a days as he has shifted to chennai recently.
|Mutton chops||1/2 kg , ( can use mutton ribs or neck portion )|
|Tomato||1 big chopped|
|Ginger garlic paste||1/2 teaspoon each|
|Chilli powder||1 teaspoon heaped|
|Pepper powder||1/4 teaspoon|
|Garam masala powder||1/4 teaspoon|
|Lime juice||1 teaspoon|
- Grind all the ingredients together except for mutton chops and oil to a smooth paste .
- Marinate mutton chops in the ground paste for 8 hours or more ( over night in the refrigerator is ideal ) . Pre heat an oven to 200 degree Celsius .
- Make sure the mutton pieces are in room temperature before you place them in the oven .
- Line a baking tray with foil paper and place the mutton chop pieces equally apart from each other and bake bake for 40 to 45 minutes until cooked through .
- Turn over the mutton chops once after 20 minutes . finally baste the mutton chops with oil and grill them for 3 to 5 minutes until it starts getting crisp edges and a burnt flavour .
- Remove and serve hot with onion sliced , lemon wedges and tandoori mint chutney.
Ingredients for Tandoori mint chutney
|Coriander leaves||1 bunch with stem chopped finely|
|Mint leaves||1/4 bunch leaves alone|
|Green chillies||to taste
|Black salt||a pinch|
|Chat powder||a pinch
|Thick curd||1/2 cup|
- Grind all ingredients together to a smooth thick running consistency paste . Taste and adjust .
- Serve as it is as a dip with any tandoori items .