Preparation Time : 1 minute
Cooking Time : 9 to 10 minutes
Serving : 4 members
We call it tharatti pal in Tamil . As a kid I have tasted milk kova ( pal kova ) , only after my marriage did I know there was something called tharatti pal . when I was newly married my in laws place they had cows at home . Milk , curd and butter milk was always around the house . tharatti pal is made from the milk of a cow which has delivered and the first milk is reduced to a grainy texture ,pale yellow colour adding sugar to taste . Very rerely we get to eat tharatti pal as we can prepar it only when a cow delivers . It was the time when microwaves were newly introduced in India . Knowledge about cooking or useing a microwave was nil then . There was a cooking work shop conducted in tirunelveli by mallika badrinath ( my favourite ) on microwave cooking . I did attend the class and this was the first dish she demonstrated to us . So easy and simple , ready in 10 minutes . I did share this recipe with my aunt nazeem , who did this in a cooking competition in tirupur and won the first prize . Now a days any time any day tharatti pal is made instantly at home when ever wanted .
|Condensed Milk||1 tin ( 200 ml)|
- Take a large microwave safe bowl. Pour in the condensed milk and curd . mix well. microwave for two minutes . Take it out and mix well.
- Microwave for two more minutes . Take it out , add ghee and mix well . microwave for another six minutes .
- Making sure to remove the bowl out of the microwave oven to give it a good mix in every two minute interval time .
- Once you get a grainy textured white mixture , milk kova is ready .
- Serve hot , warm , chill or at room temperature .
- Every microwave is different, so keep an eye on it and always mix it at regular interval of two minutes.
- Make sure not to burn the kova as we have to get a pale yellowish white grainy mixture once done.
- As the kova cools it will thicken a lot more, So adjust the timing accordingly.