Preparation Time : 20 minutes
Cooking Time : 30 minutes
Serving : 10 members
Ingredients for kanji
|broken basmati rice||1 1/2 cup heaped|
|fenugreek seeds||1/4 teaspoon|
|cumin seeds||1/4 teaspoon|
|coriander leaves chopped||1 teaspoon|
|mint leaves||1/2 teaspoon|
|thick coconut milk||2 cups|
|ghee||1 table spoon mustard seeds 1/4 teaspoon|
|ginger garlic paste||1/4 teaspoon|
Ingredients for minced meat
|Minced meat||1/4 kg|
|Red chilli powder||1 teaspoon|
|Tomato||1 big chopped|
|Small onions||one hand chopped|
|Ginger garlic paste||1/2 teaspoon|
Method for kanji
- Pressure cook, washed rice, small onions, garlic flakes, green chillies, mint leaves, coriander leaves, fenugreek seeds, cumin seeds along with the water for 4 to 5 whistles.
- Add salt to taste and coconut milk. Mix well adjust the consistency to a flowing thick porridge adding water if needed. Bring to boil.
Method for minced meat
Mix all the ingredients mentioned for minced meat together. Add 1/4 cup water and pressure cook for one whistle in medium flame.
How to proceed
- Pour the cooked minced meat mixture into the boiled rice kanji. Mix well and adjust seasoning.
- Heat ghee in a pan, crackle the mustard seeds, add the cinnamon, clove, cardamom, cut small onions 4, curry leaves and ginger garlic paste.
- Fry to brown and crisp and pour over the kanji and mix well. Serve hot with samosa, cutlet and paruppu vadai.