Preparation Time : 40 minutes
Cooking Time : 1 hour
Serving : 8 members
Ingredients for salsa
|Green chillies||1 chopped|
|Coriander leaves||1 teaspoon chopped|
|Lime juice||1 teaspoon|
Method for salsa
Mix all the ingredients together and place it. The refrigerator until needed to be used.
Ingredients for Green peas guacamole
|Boiled green peas||1 cup ground to a smooth paste|
|Hung sour curd||1/4 cup|
Method for green peas guacamole
Mix all the above ingredients together to a smooth paste. Taste and adjust seasoning and set aside.
Ingredients for the barittos filling
|Cooked shredded chicken||2 cups|
|Green chillies||4 chopped|
|Garlic||5 cloves chopped|
|Red, green and yellow bell peppers||I each|
|Cooked red kidney beans ( rajma )||1 cup|
|Paprika + salt + peppe||to taste|
|Red chili flakes||1 teaspoon|
|Cooked Rice||1/4 cup|
Method for barittos filling
- Cut the bell peppers into 1/2. Clean the seeds and grill over flame for a minute to char the skin on each side.
- Do the same to all the bell peppers. Keep covered in a vessel for 30 minutes. Peel of the skin and chop the peppers.
- Heat oil, add chopped onions, green chillies and garlic together. Sauté to translucent.
- Add 3/4 of the chopped bell peppers and mix well.
- Add all the other ingredients one after the other and toss well. Taste and adjust seasoning .
- Remove from heat and cool completely.
|Cheddar cheese||1/4 cup|
|Mozzarella cheese||1/4 cup|
|Tortillas||8 ( I used large sized wheat chapathis instead )|
How to proceed
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Take a wide baking platter. Grease it with butter on the bottom and all around.
- Take a tortilla, spread one tablespoon of green peas guacamole all over on one side. Fill the center with a generous hand full of stuffing.
- Fold the sides first. Then from top tightly roll to get a tight, fat roll. Place in the greased baking platter.
- Like wise roll all the tortillas with green peas guacamole and filling. Pack these rolls tightly in the baking platter.
- Sprinkle the reserved three color bell peppers over. Top with salsa evenly. Pour remaining green peas guacamole and spread all over evenly.
- Sprinkle with grated cheddar cheese and mozzarella cheese. Bake for 15-20 minutes until you see bubbles all around the edges. Then grill to get a golden top. Serve hot .