Preparation Time : 20 minutes
Cooking Time : 10 minutes
Serving : 6 members
This is a fabulous yummy dish liked by every one at home . Specially my son Afzar , son – in – law Riyaz and cousins Ashibha and Shabu . I learnt this dish from my friend Fathima from Salem who is a very good host and a cook . Happy bites to all .
|prawn(devained and cleaned)||1 kg|
|small onions||1 hand full crushed|
|tomato||1 big chopped|
|coriander powder||3 tea spoons|
|chilli powder||2 tea spoons|
|turmeric powder||1/4 tea spoon|
|coriander leaves||1 tea spoon chopped|
|cumin powder||1/2 tea spoon|
|pepper powder||1/2 tea spoon|
|cinnamon||1 small stick|
|cardamom||1 ( powder the cinnamon , clove and cardamom together )|
|ginger paste||1 tea spoon|
|garlic paste||1 tea spoon|
|coconut oil||3 1/2 table spoon|
|onion||1 big chopped|
- Mix prawns , small onion , ginger garlic paste , coriander powder , chilli powder , turmeric powder , tomato , salt to taste , cumin powder , pepper powder , spice powder , coriander leaves together in a pressure cooker .
- Pressure cook with out adding water for one whistle . Reduce the water to a gravy consistency .
- Then heat a non stick pan with coconut oil .
- Add the chopped onion and curry leaves fry to brown and pour the prawn gravy in and roast till you get a caramelised dry roast .
- Should be careful that you don’t roast to much as the prawn tends to get rubbery if over cooked . Serve hot .