Preparation time : 15 minutes
Cooking time : 30 minutes + 4 hours setting time in the freezer
Serves : 8 members
Combining three classic desserts together to be served as one is what is done here in style. I am sure most of the households in India celebrate festival’s with carrot halwa and gulab jamoon. Here I have made edible cups with the carrot halwa, topped it with a scoop of icecream and garnished it with a mini gulab jamoon. This match made in heaven divine combination is a never fail killer trio. As I was writing the recipe, I had my friends help me out. The entire gang was drooling and excited about it. They still have not got their share. I am yet to treat them. I was not very confident with making the edible cups with carrot halwa but believe me it’s easier to make than to be imagined as a hard task to master.I assure you any where served it will be a super hit. To more edgy recipes that can be done at home in restaurant style.. let’s do a hip hip hurray and celebrate the dessert.
Edible carrot halwa cups served with ice cram and gulab jamoon
|Carrots||6 peeled and grated|
|Fresh cream||1 teaspoon|
|Milk Kova||2 tablespoons|
|Cardamom powder||1/4 teaspoon|
|Almonds, Cashew nuts and pistachio||few peeled and chopped|
|Vanilla essence||one drop|
|Mini Gulab jamoon||10|
|Vanilla flavour ice cream||3 cups|
Other things needed
- muffin baking tin
- Cling film
- Heat ghee, add the chopped nuts and fry to golden in colour. Add the grated carrots and milk.
- Cook to done. Reduce the moisture by boiling further to get a dry consistency mixture.
- Add sugar, cream, milk Kova and cardamom powder. Boil further for 10 to 15 minutes until moist but thick.
- Remove from heat and cool completely.
- Line each cup cake mould with cling film making sure it is around 1/2 centi meter above the muffin mould so it’s easy for you to lift and peel once the cups are set.
- Grease each muffin dent with ghee on top of the cling film.
- Drop two tablespoons of cooled carrot halwa into each muffin lined dent.
- With your hands press in the bottom and all around in equal thickness to get a cup shape. Place this muffin tin in the freezer for four hours or more to set.
- Just before serving, remove the muffin tray from the freezer.
- Peel the set cups out of the cling films. Place in a serving plate.
- Top with a scoop of ice cream inside the carrot halwa cups. Place a mini gulab jamoon in the centre of the ice cream and serve immediately in style.