Preparation Time : 10 minutes + 2 hours for marination
Cooking Time : 12 -15 minutes
Serving : 6 members
Ginger Chicken. Recipe post by Ayesha Nazreen from USA. She didn’t send in a description. the word ginger brings me memories of the time when i had delivered my first baby ANISHA . At moms place, after delivery treatment is totally different from my in-laws place. I was forced into both the treatments and under went a lot of mental and physical strain. every morning by 4 o clock i was given a huge glass of ginger juice mixed with a lot of honey and some medicinal powder (the consistency used to be so thick that i use to find it so very difficult to drink the ginger juice).This treatment was from my in-laws place. Till date i have a disliking towards ginger because of thet. But this recipe sounds to be delicious. It’s a must try recipe folks.
|Boneless chicken||1 lbs ( 0.45 kg)|
|white pepper powder||1 tablespoon|
|cornflour and maida||4 tablespoon|
|soy sauce and red chili sauce||3 tablespoon|
|ginger juice||1/2 cup|
|coriander leaves||to garnish|
|onion||1 white onions finely chopped|
|capsicum (green and yellow)||1/2 each|
|garlic pods||5 crushed|
|green chillies||3 finely chopped|
- Wash the chicken and marinade with egg white, white pepper powder, salt, cornflour and maida for 2 hours.
- Deep fry the chicken in oil.let it cook for few mins on each side.the chicken must be 70% cooked.drain excess oil in a tissue.
- In a kadai add few tablespoon of oil.let it heat then add onions, green chillies and crushed garlic.once the onion turns pink add capsicum and let it cook for 5mins.
- when the raw smell of onion goes add ginger juice, soy sauce and red chili sauce.let it cook for sometime until the gravy gets thick.
- Now add the fried chicken and mix it well in this mixture.let it cook for 5 – 7 mins.before turning off the stove add 1tspn of cornflour mixed with water and nicely mix it well . garnish with corriander leaves.
- Serve with roti or any Chinese dish.