Cooking Time : 35- 40 minutes
Serving : 8-10 members
What do I start with , the dish or its creator ??? Well the creator of this dish has been kit n kin with me first so I shall start with her . The sense of nostalgia and the unforgettable of the sensuous and the breathtaking – Our Cousins . Who are our first best friends isn’t it ? Like wise to me my cousins Aneez and Rizwana were my first besties . We were a trio with best of secrets kept to ourselves and would attempt the most wired things together having other junior cousins feel so irritated about this ( shifa and cithara .. Am talking about you two here :-)) . Aneez was the first to get married among us . Rizwana and myself used to hang on to Aneez’s lips to hear all her new married stories not knowing one day even we will be soon following the same . Yeah , like wise Rizwana and myself did get married off . The only difficult thing being I was married away out of station when Aneez and Rizwana still remain in the same town like before . So they do hang out together a lot with out me , which bugs me for sure till date . Coming to the dish masala prawn fried rice .this dish was brought by Aneez for the second anniversary celebration recipe swap of sauté , fry n bake . Aneez was so excited and happy to be a part and kept calling me a million times with her doubts and quotes . I made sure to save some of this dish and it tasted even better that night seducing , irresistibly time and again . Aneez went back home with a prize and her entire family celebrated it with pride . She enjoyed every moment of this pride being num as her prize was for winning a game and not for the dish . What ever a moment of joy is to be cherished for ever isn’t it ? I am happy that I was responsible for this joy at her home . The little I could do for my best cousin sister .
Ingredients for gravy
|Prawn||1 kg cleaned|
|Tomato||3 big chopped|
|Turmeric powder||1/4 teaspoon|
|Red chilli powder||1 teaspoon or to taste|
|Ginger garlic paste||1/2 teaspoon each|
|Light Soya sauce||1 teaspoon|
|Tomato sauce||1 teaspoon|
|Celery||1 tablespoon chopped|
|Spring onion||1 tablespoon chopped|
|Coriander leaves||1 tablespoon chopped|
|Garam masala powder||1/4 teaspoon|
Method for gravy
- Heat oil in a frying pan . Sauté onions to translucent . Top with ginger garlic paste and sauté to crisp .
- Add turmeric powder , red chilli powder , tomatoes and salt . Mix well and sauté until oil separates . Add soya sauce and tomato sauce .
- Mix well . Top with cleaned prawns and cook adding little water to tender . Check seasoning .
- Garnish with chopped celery , spring onion , coriander leaves and garam masala powder . Remove from flame and set aside .
Ingredients for rice
|Zeera sala ( zeraga samba ) rice||1 kg|
|Cinnamon||1 inch piece|
|Garlic||6 flakes chopped|
|Mint leaves||1/2 hand|
|Coriander leaves||1/2 hand chopped|
|Green chillies whole||4 or more to taste|
|Water ratio||rice 1 : water 1 1/2 .|
- Wash and soak rice . Heat ghee and oil together in a pressure cooker . Top with cinnamon , cloves and cardamom .
- Once they crackle add onions , green chillies and garlic . fry to translucent . Pour measured water with salt to taste , mint leaves and coriander leaves .
- Bring to boil . Add soaked and drained rice . Close and cook for one whistle . Then simmer for 5 minutes .
- Switch off flame and Let the whistle sound subside .open the cooker lid , mix gently and set aside .
Ingredients for egg
|Salt + pepper||to taste|
Method for eggs
Heat oil in a non stick kadai . Best eggs with salt + pepper powder . Pour into the hot kadai and scramble the eggs to cooked and soft .
How to proceed
Mix prawn gravy , cooked rice and scrambled egg together making sure all are mixed well . Masala prawn fried rice is ready . Serve hot .