Preparation Time : 35 minutes + setting time
Cooking Time : 20 minutes
Serving : 6 to 8 members
Colorful jelly surprise. A recipe i came across in a food blog. Liked it so much as it looked so colorful and the recipe seemed easy to follow. A treat to the eyes, hands to the mouth, mouth to the tummy, it’s yummy , yummy , yummy . children to adults and every one will love this colourful vibrant dessert . Jelly was one dessert my mom used to make once in a blue moon for me and my brother when we were kids. She used to chop up mixed fruits and mix it with red colored jelly. Mom was a working woman as she used to help dad in his business. So very rarely was she at home or in the kitchen. I used to love it when mom was home and mainly in the kitchen. I guess this was one reason for me wanting to become a house wife. (sounds weird, i know but that’s the fact)in school all my friends and class mates used to talk about becoming doctors, architect’s , so on and so forth. But my mind was stuck to becoming a house-wife . I am happy being one with all the liberty and time spent at my expense of doing things i like most.(cooking, taking care of my family, shopping emptying my hubby’s pockets…)the cereer of motherhood and home making is beyond value and needs.No justification, it’s importance is in-calculated.
|jelly - Raspberry flavour + 1 tablespoon gelatine||1 packet|
|Jelly - Orange flavour + 1 tablespoon gelatine||1 packet|
|jelly - ( blue color) mint flavour + 1 tablespoon gelatine||1 packet|
|jelly - Strawberry flavour+ 1 tablespoon gelatine||1 packet|
|Jelly - Lime Flavour + 1 tablespoon gelatine||1 packet|
|China grass ( agar agar )||10 grams soaked in 1 cup water|
|Hot milk||1/2 litre|
|Sweetened Condensed Milk||1 can|
- Set each jelly according to instructions in the packets , but make sure to reduce the amount of liquid (water) in each by 1/4 cups and add the mentioned gelatine along . ( this helps the jelly set faster and harder so it will hold the shape later on)
- Stir for at least 2 minutes , until completely dissolved. Pour each jelly into separate small shallow food storage containers .
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.( my red , orange and yellow coloured jelly ‘s crumbled on my first try and I could not use them )
- Heat 1/2 litter of milk . once it starts to boil add the soaked China grass and boil till the china grass had dissolved well .
- Add condensed milk; mix well. Strain and Cool slightly. Cut the set jelly into cubes.
- Mix all the colours and place in a pudding dish( which should either be greased with oil or lined with cling film), but take care not to let them crumble.
- Pour milk mixture over cubes. If necessary, stir very gently to distribute gelatin cubes. Refrigerate till firm and set. ( about 2-3 hours)
- Cut into small squares or bars and serve cold.