Preparation Time : 30 minutes
Cooking Time : 25 minutes + 3 hours or more of refrigeration or pudding to set
Serving : 4-6 members
Any occasion to celebrate or guests at home to my kids coming home , the first to do on my list will be desserts . I make sure to serve two or more desserts always as I love to surprise and spoil people of choice . This is not intentional but happens so always when I start and finish with one dessert . I have left overs of some things like whipped cream , chocolate ganache etc .. That I make sure to use it in another form and create a dessert out of it . Like wise once when I made gulab jamun cheese cake , I was left with some cream cheese + whipped cream mix . If it was a lazy day , I should have just set it as it is and had it for my mid night craving enjoying my moment of adding more calories by sneaking to the refrigerator like nigella lawson dose . This time having two packets of strawberries in hand that I had kept aside to make another dessert came in handy along with a new silicon rose mould that I got . So just combined the left over cream cheese + whipped cream mix , strawberries and the rose mould to come up with this dessert . I myself was awe stuck with this Beauty that I created with perfect harmony and goodness of taste . ( I could not stop drooling over these ) Took a bite and temptation took over my sense . Taste wise the tanginess of the strawberries balanced with the cream cheese and sweetness giving way to indulge a symphony treat … Intense and irresistible . It was pure music in the tongue . I force fully had to self – impose a “BIG BAN ” on these for me :-(( as I ate so many servings that I had to health police myself .
Ingredients for the rose
|Fresh strawberries||250 grams chopped|
|Sugar||1/4 cup or to taste|
|Water||5 to 8 tablespoons|
|Fresh cream||1/4 cup Vanilla essence|
|Gelatine||2 1/ 2 tablespoons soaked in 4 tablespoons of water|
Method for rose
- Boil strawberries with sugar and water to cook for ten minutes until the strawberries are cooked and mushy .
- Cool completely . Add vanilla essence and fresh cream to the cooled strawberries .
- Blitz it in a food processor to get a thick pulp .microwave the soaked gelatine for 30 seconds to dissolve .
- Bring it down to room temperature . Mix it with the strawberry mixture . Mix well and pour 1/4 way ( up to the rose petals are in the mould ) into greased rose silicon moulds .
- Place in the freezer to set for an hour or more .
Ingredients for base
|fresh cream||250 gm whipped with 75 gm powdered sugar|
|Gelatine||5 tablespoons soaked in 1/4 cup water|
|Cream cheese||1/2 cup|
|Strawberry essence||1 teaspoon|
Method for cream cheese pudding
- Beat cream cheese with an electric egg beater to soften . Add whipped cream with sugar and mix well .
- Top with strawberry essence . Mix well and keep aside . Microwave the soaked gelatine for 30 seconds to dissolve .
- Cool it down to room temperature . Mix into the cream cheese mix .
- Pour over the set strawberry roses about to one inch thick . Place in the freezer to set for one hour or more .
- Once set place it in the refrigerator . Remove from refrigerator 10 minutes before needed to be served .
- Push the set strawberry rose cheese pudding out of the silicon mould over to a serving plate and serve chilled .