Preparation time : 10 -12 minutes
Cooking time : 8- 10 minutes
Serves : 5-6 members
Ingredients for the cake
|Butter||100 grams + to grease|
|Ground cinnamon powder||2 teaspoons|
|Self raising flour||100 grams|
|Icing sugar||to serve|
Method for cake
- Microwave butter in a greased microwave safe bowl on high for 2 minutes .
- Add 2 mashed bananas , sugar , self raising flour , cinnamon powder , eggs and milk to the butter and mix well .
- Slice the remaining banana and place over in a decorative way as you wish .
- Microwave on high for 5-8 minutes until cooked through and risen .
- Check after five minutes as each microwave differs for doneness .
- Remove and serve warm dusted with icing sugar and a good drizzle of caramel sauce .
Ingredients for caramel sauce
|Brown sugar||1 cup|
Method for caramel sauce
- In a microwave oven proof ramekin add the brown sugar, butter and cream .
- place in the microwave for 20-30 seconds.
- Remove and stir and repeat another two to three times depending on your microwave.
- You will end up with a dark caramel sauce.
- Drizzle over the banana cake pudding and enjoy .
Self raising flour ingredients
1 cup all-purpose flour 1/2 teaspoon salt 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
Stir or sift together the flour, salt, and baking powder. self-rising flour is ready .