Preparation Time : 45 minutes
Cooking Time : 20 minutes
Serving : 4 members
My favourite chinies dish . My mother used to accompany dad to help him out in work at our saree shop in Coimbatore every day . So my holidays were always no parents at home most of the time ,but even we were taken along with them to our shop often . Family time at home was so rare . It happened only once in a blue moon . In one among the blue moon occasions , we had lunch ordered a take away , from a three star hotel surya (Now its vivantha taj ) I usually order only new wired names from the menu . I did order american chop suey . I remember we all were watching a scary English movie in the down bed room having lunch together . The American chop suey was so yum but the movie was not letting me enjoy the meal and company of my parents and brother .
|cabbage||1 cup shredded|
|capsicum ( red , yellow , green )||1 cup|
|light soya sauce||1 teaspoon|
|chilli sauce||1 1/2 teaspoon|
|tomato sauce||1/4 cup|
|cornflour||1 1/2 teaspoon diluted in 1/4 cup water|
|garlic||2 flakes crushed|
|chilli flakes||to taste|
Ingredients for Fried Noodles
|1 packet par boiled chinese eggnoodles||Drained and Dried on a kitchen towel|
|oil||to deep fry|
- Heat oil in a large wok , add garlic and onions fry to translucent .
- Top with all the vegetables and sauté for 5 minutes . Mix together all the sauces , vinegar , pepper , sugar and salt . Mix well . Taste and adjust .
- Pour over the vegetables along with 2 cups of water or stock . Bring to boil and cook for 3 to 4 minutes .
- Add the diluted cornflour and stir continuously till thick and coats the vegetables . Remove from heat and set aside .
For Fried Noodles
- Mix cornflour , maida and salt to taste together .
- Sprinkle over the boiled noodles and toss well making sure no moister is left on the noodles .
- Heat oil to deep fry . Fry one cup noodles reducing the flame to medium to get crisp and golden colour noodles .
- Drain in absorbant paper and repeat with the rest of noodles . To serve , place the fried noodles on a plate .
- Ladle the vegetables sauce over the bed of fried noodles and top with the half boiled bull’s eye fried egg . Serve warm .