All in one wholesome dish from the Indian state Karnataka . The number of ingredients are a lot and procedure takes time but worth the Work . My daughter Anisha is a pure vegetarian ( vegetarian in a Muslim household ) . She took note of the recipe from me and tried it out . Her only complain was that she has never been in the kitchen for this long to cook any dish . All the best flocks for the time you have to spend in the kitchen .
Ingredients : Fry in oil seperately
|coriander powder||2 tablespoon|
|Bengal gram dal||2 tablespoon|
|dry red chillies||4|
Note : powder all the fried ingredients together to a coarse powder and set aside .
Ingredients for Main Dish
|tuvar dal||1 cup|
|carrot||100 gm cubed|
|green peas||100 gm shelled|
|brinjal||100 gm sliced|
|beans||100 gm cut into 1 inch pieces|
|tomato||100 gm chopped|
|raw banana||1 cubed|
|raw mango||1 cubed|
|potato||100 gm cubed|
|drum stick||cut into 2 inch pieces|
|tamarind pulp||1/4 cup|
|small onion||1 hand|
|turmeric powder||1/4 tsp|
|green chillies||4 slit|
|mustard seeds||1 teaspoon|
|coriander leaves||chopped few|
- Boil rice and toovar dal together with turmeric powder to 3/4 cooked.
- Add all the vegetables , small onion , tomato , green chillies , coriander leaves , salt and tamarind pulp .
- Stir well and cook till rice , toovar dal and vegetables are cooked through .
- Mix the fried coarse powder in little water and dilute it .add to the cooked rice and mix well . Bring to boil . Taste and adjust.
- Heat ghee , fry the mustard seeds , curry leaves , urad dal and cashewnus till they crackle .
- Pour over the cooked rice mixture . Mix well . Serve hot .