Preparation Time : 40 minutes
Cooking Time : 25 – 30 minutes
Serving : 6 members
Recipe post by lubna zia for the competition. Her description follows. Chicken Ghee Escort.
A mouth watering full flavoured tasty dish . This dish is my moms regular one, she got from a cooking book , 15 yrs back my mom is an excellent cook. Initially at the time of marriage , i am a very bad cook but nowadays i had strong passion for cooking. This dish was very excellent and all the people especially (my hubby and my bro)loved it. The full whole chicken,without cutting into pieces is used in this dish is its specially . So that all will grab their own favourite pieces like thigh, ribs, neck, drumstick etc . This dish is served with ghee rice, chapathi, parotta.
|Full whole chicken||1 kg without cutting into pieces|
|Onion||1/4 kg big sliced|
|Ginger||1 small piece , 2 spoon|
|Garlic||1 with 15 pods|
|Poppy seeds||2 teaspoon|
|Coriander seeds||1 tablespoon|
|Coconut milk||1 cup|
- Heat 50 gms ghee in a pressure cooker and add onions and fry to golden brown in color for about 5 minutes.
- Then add little water to pepper corns, cuminseeds , coriander seeds,poppy seeds and grind it to a very fine paste in the mixie.
- Then marinade the full whole chicken with the fried onions and peppercorn paste covering the entire chicken and keep aside for 20 minutes so that it will be juicy.
- Meanwhile grind the ginger, garlic and redchilli to a fine paste.Heat remaining 100gms of ghee in a pressure cooker
- add cinnamon,cardamom and cloves to cracle then add the marinated whole chicken and saute.then add ginger, garlic and red chilli paste to the chicken and fry it
- Then add a cup of curd to the chicken and then mix salt to 1/2 glass of water and add to the chicken and allow to pressure cook for 3 whistle or until chicken is cooked thoroughly.then add a cup of thick coconut milk to a pan.
- And now add the entire chicken to the pan and saute for 5 minutes till ghee floats on top.now the gravy is ready to serve
- Instead of cumin.corriander seeds,pepper corns can also use its readymade powder but using the seeds to grind is very tasty