Preparation Time : 30 minutes
Cooking Time : 12 to 15 minutes
Serving : 4 members
A yummy not so spicy , light to the tummy Chinese style ginger chicken . Here in my hubby’s place in tirunelveli , we had very few Restaurants in the beginning when I was newly married . All the restaurants were not worth going and eating there as the ambiance was such . So when ever we want restaurant food it was ordered as take away and had at home . My hubby used to bring butter chicken and ginger chicken mostly for dinner as a surprise from a restaurant called chettinad . The ginger chicken was my favourite . It used to taste so yum . I tried it out at home as to my taste buds and wolla it was just like the one from chettinad restaurant . So no more ginger chicken from chettinad restaurant instead it’s made at home .foolish me should have had the restaurant ginger chicken itself , now it’s an added responsibility in my kitchen .
|Boneless chicken||1/4 kg|
|Flour ( maida )||4 tablespoons|
|cornflour||4 table spoons + 1 teaspoon diluted in 1/4 cup water|
|white pepper powder||1/4 teaspoon|
|green chillies||2 crushed|
|garlic flake||1 crushed|
|onion||2 big cut into stripes|
|capsicum||2 cut into stripes|
|oil||4 tablespoons + to deep fry|
|ginger||25 grams ground and strained to get 1/4 cup juice( do not add more than mentioned as the chicken might Taste to gingery )|
|green chilli sauce||2 table spoons|
- Marinate cleaned chicken pieces in egg whites , maida , 4 tablespoons cornflour , white pepper powder , salt to taste and a pinch of ajinomoto along with little water if needed . Keep aside for one hour .
- Deep fry the chicken pieces in hot oil over medium heat to a light golden brown colour and crisp . Drain and set aside .
- Heat a wok with 4 tablespoons of oil . Add crushed garlic and green chillies , top with onions and capsicum .
- Saute for 4 minutes . Pour the ginger juice , green chilli sauce , vinegar , salt to taste and a pinch of ajinomoto . Mix well .
- Add one cup of water and bring to boil . Taste and adjust , add the fried chicken pieces and simmer for 2 minutes for all the flavours to infuse together .
- Pour the diluted corn flour over and bring to boil stirring constantly .to get a semi thick saucy running gravy coated over the chicken pieces . Add more water if wanted .
- Serve hot for lunch or dinner.