Preparation Time : 15 minutes
Cooking Time : 20 – 23 minutes
Serving : 6 – 8 members
Sticky dates pudding with brown sugar syrup made in a microwave. The beauty of this recipe is that it comes together very quickly and you get it right the very first time you make it. Even the most amazing recipe won’t work if you can’t make time for it in your busy life. this recipe is a fast,clever,easy,save time, sure fire solution for your time problemYou can eat this hot or cold at any time of the day. Usually ravuthar cooking does not include dates in their food for sweet or savoury. It’s used only during the month of Ramadan to break our fast.The first dish i learnt to make with dates was the sweet chatney for the chat items, followed by dates pickle, dates laddo, dates sweet made as a side dish for biriyani (my co-sister recipe) and now sticky dates pudding. My liking towards dates is not be told as i don’t fancy it much.Once Ramadan is over my refrigerator is over loaded with dates and i mostly end up making pickle.This quick pudding ensures the last course with a burst of flavours done exceptionally well. A must try recipe.
Ingredients for dates pudding
|Dates||185 grams pitted and chopped|
|Soda -bi- carbonate||1 teaspoon|
|Eggs||2 beaten lightly|
|Butter melted||70 grams|
|Vanilla essence||1/4 teaspoon|
|Mascarpone cheese||a dollop ( optional ) ,|
|Ice cream||to serve along ( optional )|
Method for dates pudding
- Mix pitted , chopped dates with water in a micro wave safe bowl . Microwave on high and cook for 6 minutes .
- Mash the dates with a spoon and stir in the soda – bi – carbonate . Set aside to cool slightly . Stir in butter , sugar and vanilla essence . Mix well .
- Add eggs gradually , beating well after each addition . Fold in flour and stir well until well combined . ( best to use a metal spoon ) . Do not over beat .
- Pour the mixture into a greased microwave bowl or muffin tray . Microwave on medium heat for 6 minutes . Leave to stand for 3-4 minutes .
- Then serve warm with hot sauce poured over with some mascarpone cheese or ice cream . ( I served as it is with the sauce alone , just wanting to cut out the extra calories )
Ingredients for the brown sugar sauce
|Brown sugar||300 grams ( I used 1 1/2 cup jaggery instead and tasted awesome )|
|Vanilla essence||1 teaspoon|
Method for brown sugar sauce
- Combine all the ingredients together in a microwave safe bowl .
- Cook on high for 5 minutes 30 seconds stirring well after every minute .
- Remove and the sauce is ready .