Preparation Time : 10 minutes
Cooking Time : 5 minutes to deep fry +8 to 10 minutes for home made custard sauce.
Serving : 6 members
Apple And banana flitters with home made custard . You can use any fruit of the season like pineapple , lychee …. It was raining and cold . Had guests For lunch .wanted to serve them dessert after the meal but not a cold one as it was very cold . Went through my recipe book and got this recipe . Made it and was a big hit . I don’t remember whose recipe this is must be vicky ratnanis or Sanjeev kapoors .happy bites to all .
|Apples||1 big ( cored and cut into rings )|
|banana||1 diagonally sliced|
|oil||to deep fry|
For home made custard
|venilla essence||few drops|
|cornflour||1/2 tea spoon diluted in 1/4 tea spoon water|
Method for Flitters
- Cut the apple rings to 1/2 inch thick rings . Soak apple rings and bananas cut in lime juice to prevent oxidation .
- Mix yeast in water and sugar , let it rest for a while . Add the flour and cornflour with some water and whisk well to form a thick batter .
- Let it rest for 6 or more minutes till the batter rises . Coat the apples and bananas first in some flour and then dip in the batter And deep fry till golden brown in color .
- Drain and serve immediately with home made custard.
Method for home made Custard sauce
- Boil cream , sugar and vanilla essence together on low flame .
- Add the beaten egg yolk and keep stiring to make sure the yolk does not curdle .Cook till a thick sauce is formed .
- Add the diluted cornflour and cook for 5 more minutes .
- Remove from heat , strain. And cool . Serve with flitters .