Preparation Time : 5 minutes
Cooking Time : 10 minutes
Serving : 4 members
One regular sweet that is there in our brake- fast table . I learnt to make this from my mother – in – law . It’s easy to make one pot sweet dish with few easily available ingredients at home.
|sugar||2 1/2cup(migh seem a lot, if u r a health freak can use 2 cups. )|
|ghee||1/ 2 cup|
|yellow food color||little|
- Heat a non-stick kadai with ghee. Add cashewnuts and raisins .
- Fry to golden brown.pour 3 cups of water and top with a pinch of salt and little yellow food colour.
- Bring to boil.add sooji little by little stirring continuously, making sure no lumps are formed.once the sooji is cooked add the sugar and cardamom powder.
- Keep stirring till sugar dissolves and gets to a glowing thick runny mixture. Keep on low flame for 5 minutes and keep stirring.
- Remove from heat and pour into a serveing dish.keep aside for 10 to 15 minutes to rest.
- Dont worry if the sooji mixture is too runny. It will get set to the right consistency before serving.