Preparation Time : 20 minutes
Cooking Time : 40 minutes
Serving : 4 to 6 members
Baked Oats with fruits and nuts.This is a very easy and healthy breakfast dish. This can also be a good snack. Especially working people can make this ahead of time and eat it on the go! You can make this dish with a variety of nuts and fruits. I have used dates and walnuts in this recipe. You can add dried coconut, dried apricots, fresh strawberries, blueberries, any nuts. It is a very simple recipe. I love this dish because its easy to make and diet friendly.
|Rolled Oats (This is thicker and fuller than instant oats)||2 Cups|
|Brown Sugar||1/3 cup|
|baking powder||1 teaspoon|
|walnuts / almonds (you can add both or either one)||1 cup|
|pitted dates||1 cup|
|butter melted||3 tablespoon|
|vanilla extract||1 tablespoon|
|ripe banana sliced||1|
- Mix all the dry ingredients. Oats, Brown sugar, Baking powder, cinnamon, salt, nuts. In a separate bowl, add the egg and beat well, then add butter, vanilla essence and milk to it and mix well.
- Grease a pan well with oil or butter. Spread the dry mixture.Pour half the liquid mixture to it.
- Then add chopped dates and sliced bananas on top as shown in the picture. Then pour the remaining liquid on top.
- Preheat the oven to 375 deg. F and bake it for 35-40 mins.
- After its done, let it cool. Cut into squares or rectangles and store in the refrigerator. When you are ready to serve/eat you can warm in the oven for 2 mins.
- Its great when ate warm or room temperature.