Preparation Time : 20 minutes + 5 hours or over night marination .
Cooking Time : 15 minutes
Serving : 5 members
The talk about a fruit in a savoury dish and I can’t help but frown . The thought of adding a fruit ( except tomatoes for sure ) to a savoury dish is far from the likes of me . So I never ever attempt doing such things as it does not sit well on my tongue . Me thinks every thing has its own place . End of the matter !!!!!! But I was put to shame for doing so until I tried this recipe that uses pomegranate juice for marinating the chicken pieces . The pomegranate juice gave a slight tangy , sweetness with its ruby red colour sure did add some chutzpah to the dish . This was a genius idea , opening my mind to many interesting options apart from the regular staples used . This yummy experiment has already found its biggest fan in me hooked . Not so long ago , I was put off by the same idea of adding fruits to a savoury dish but now I am addicted . A smart way to improve your kitchen skills is to seriously push away all the likes and don’t likes out of your head and experiment all the way saving the good and forgetting the not so good . A lesson learnt for life .
|Boneless chicken||600 grams cut into cubes|
|Black cumin seeds||2/3 teaspoons|
|Black pepper crushed||1 1/3 teaspoon|
|Butter for basting||2 2/3 tablespoons|
|Double cream||7 1/3 tablespoons|
|Garam masala||2 teaspoons|
|Garlic and ginger paste||2 2/3 tablespoons each|
|Lemon juice||2 2/3 tablespoons|
|Pomegranate juice||2 2/3 tablespoons|
|Red chilli powder||2 1/2 teaspoons|
|Hung Curd||1 1/2 cup|
- Mix red chilli powder , lemon juice and pomegranate juice together . Rub over the chicken pieces evenly .
- marinate for two hours in the refrigerator .
- Whisk hung curd . Add ginger and garlic paste , cumin , cream , salt , saffron , black pepper and garam masala together .
- Marinate the chicken in this mixture and refrigerate for 3 hours or over night .
- Place the marinated chicken out side to bring it to room temperature . preheat the oven to 175 degree Celsius .
- Skewer the chicken pieces with a gap of 1 cm between each piece . Bake in the oven for ten minutes
- Remove from oven, baste with butter and roast again for 4-5 minutes .
- Remove the chicken from the skewers to a serving platter , sprinkle with chaat masala powder and a squeeze of lime , along side of a fresh salad of choice and roasted pepper paped .