Preparation Time : 20 minutes
Cooking Time : 5 minutes
Serving : 4 members
Being a foodie the greatest obstacle in life is to stop your cravings as hunger has no time and instead opting for a better healthy yet comforting treat . This salad was one such invention when I was craving for pizza . I prepped up all I need for a pizza topping and tossed it up together as a salad instead with slight twists here and there . I ended up gobbling the entire lot and made sure to make plenty the next time . Even then it was devoured in no time . Perfect party starter as it can be made ahead and served in tiny lettuce cups topped with the salad . The secret benefit being it’s healthy , light , quick to cook and no need to work hard to impress . You will be surprised to see juniors coming back for more as the rainbow of colours and flavours just hits the right spot .
|mushrooms||100 grams sliced|
|Garlic||2 flakes crushed|
|Green , yellow and red peppers / capsicum||1/2 each strips|
|Cabbage||1/4 cup shredded|
|Lettuce||1/2 cup shredded|
|Carrot||1/4 cup chopped|
|Olive oil||1 tablespoon|
|Dried Italian herbs||1 teaspoon (mix of rosemary , oregano , thyme and basil )|
|Chilli flakes||to taste|
|Grated cheddar cheese||50 grams|
- Marinate the mushroom and onions with crushed garlic, salt, pepper, and butter for 10 minutes .
- Sauté in a pan to cooked . Remove from heat and cool completely .
- Mix dried herbs , salt , pepper , chilli flakes , vinegar , grated cheese and olive oil together .
- Taste and adjust seasoning . Mix all the veggies together with the cooled mushroom – onion and mix well .
- Top with the salad cheese dressing and toss well . Place in the fridge until needed to be served .