Preparation Time : 15 minutes
Cooking Time : 12 minutes
Serving : 6 to 8 members
The dish I have memories of my mother making it for my brother and myself . The colour full layers and different textures excite me Always . Here is my version with some twists and turns .
|vanilla flavour custard powder||5 table spoon (diluted in 1/2 cup milk )|
|fresh cream||1 cup|
|raspberry jelly||1 packet|
|vanilla spong cake||1|
|chopped fresh fruits||2 cups of your choice ( I use fruits in season )|
|sugar syrup||1 cup|
|Hershey’s strawberry syrup||4 table spoon ( can use mixed fruit jam diluted in water instead )|
|nuts||1/4 cup ( blanched , peeled and chopped )|
|whipped fresh cream||1 cup ( add sugar to taste and vanilla essence ) to decorate|
- Mix milk , cream together . Bring to boil . Add sugar to taste and boil till dissolved .
- Pour the diluted vanilla custard powder and keep stirring in low flame , making sure no lumps are formed .
- Custurd should be of thick pouring consistency . Add 1/4 tea spoon of vanilla essence and mix well . Take away from flame and cool .
- Dip the sponge cake pieces in sugar syrup to moisten them . Mix chopped fruits , nuts and Hershey’s strawburry syrup together .
- Lay the moistened spong cake first on a pudding tray or bowl .
- Then top with the fruit mixture . Pour the cooled custurd .
- Decorate with whipped cream and fruit pieces dipped in sugar syrup .