Preparation Time : 15 minutes + 4-5 hours
Cooking Time : 1 minute for each chappathi
Serving : 3 members
Masala chappathi . These chappathi’s are soft and moist with masala added to them . Can be had as it is without any accomplishment . Best served hot or at room temperature . Very handy to be taken along while travelling . My first masala chappathi I had was at a shop in Coimbatore called confectionary ( D.B road , R.S Puram ) . They have packets of these home made masala chappathi’s in the front counter of their shop . On my every visit to the shop , I never miss out to pick up masala chappathi’s . By the time I reach home the chappathi’s would have settled down in all our ( kids and myself ) tummy’s . My hubby’s new love towards chappathi’s has made me experiment to make more varieties . This recipe is just an assumption of the masala chappathi’s I had in confectionary . To my surprise it did work out well . I mean , I have come close to 80 % of confectionary masala chappathi’s . Worth giving a try recipe which might add to your daily menu as a staple at home .
|Wheat flour||2 cups|
|Roasted cumin powder||3/4 teaspoon|
|Red chilli powder||1 teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1/4 teaspoon|
|Dry mango powder(amchur powder )||1/2 teaspoon|
|Garam masala powder||1/4 teaspoon|
|Coriander leaves||chopped finely few|
|Kasoori methi ( dried fenugreek leaves||1/4 teaspoon ( optional )|
|Oil||5 teaspoons for the dough + more oil for frying|
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl . Add curd , oil and milk . Knead to a smooth dough .
- Keep aside closed with a wet moist cloth for 3- 4 hours . Make even sized balls .
- Roll out each ball into thin chappathi’s , using little wheat flour for dusting .
- Heat a chappathi tawa/iron griddle . Place one rolled chappathi on the hot tawa .
- Roast on one side for a minute . Turn over and apply oil . When it puffs up , turn over and roast till light brown on both sides .
- Do the same to all the remaining chappathi’s . Serve hot with Any Subji , raitha , pickle or curd .