Preparation Time : 10 minutes
Cooking Time : 1/2 an hour
Serving : 5 members
Home style mutton pepper fry . (naadan milagu Kari) an authentic dish that i have been eating from my childhood days. It’s so very easy and yummy to the tummy . You just have to pressure cook all the ingredients together and then season with coconut oil and curry leaves . The dish is ready. This is not just a mutton pepper fry but a dame good mutton pepper fry whenever i crave for home cooked comfort food , i have this mutton pepper fry with white boiled rice and hot rasam. Whoever i have served this dish to never say good bye instead they say i will be back soon.This recipe can be made with chicken also. The thick following gravy is a good accomplishment with chapathis , parota, appams, idli,dosa and everything possible.
|mutton or chicken||1/2 kg|
|ginger garlic paste||1 teaspoon each|
|small onions||1 hand crushed|
|coriander leaves||1 tablespoon chopped|
|turmeric powder||1/4 teaspoon|
|chilli powder||1 teaspoon|
|coriander powder||2 teaspoon|
|pepper powder||1 1/2 tablespoon|
|cumin powder||1 1/2 tablespoon|
|garam masala powder||1/4 teaspoon|
|coconut oil||4 tablespoon|
- In a pressure cooker mix all the ingredients together except for coconut oil and curry leaves along with 1 cup water .
- pressure cook for 3 whistles if mutton is used , 1 whistle if chicken is used .
- Heat coconut oil in a kadai and add curry leaves . Once they splutter pour the cooked meat into the coconut oil and bring to boil and reduce the gravy to a thick flowing consistency .
- Simmer for 5 minutes allowing all the flavours to infuse together and oil floats on top .
- Serve pipeing hot with anything and every thing .