Preparation time : 40 minutes
Cooking time : 40 minutes
Serves : 5 members
I get to see an apple tart image on one of a foodie groups that I am a member of which leaves me awe struck to think how on earth do people make such exotic stuff from a home kitchen. My mind goes on to say ” she must be having all the possible high end equipments required for such results “. After a few months time, I get to see a video where they made roses out of apples. It looked so easy and lovely. I immediately tried it out with my regular tart base and the apple rose’s on top. I could not believe that I made these beauties. They looked so very fancy, like what I gazed on from the roads of Paris into all the pastry shops there.( gosh, enough of self praising yourself..he he at times I just have to do it to lift myself more ) well, come on all, give these apple rose tarts a try and lift yourselves too.
Apple Rose tart
Ingredients for the tart
|Cold butter||100 gm|
|Apples||2 sliced to thin slices with skin|
|Melted butter||4 tablespoons|
|Lime juice||3 tablespoons|
|Mixed fruit jam||1/4 cup|
Method for tart shell
- Mix flour, sugar and salt to taste. Rub the cold butter into the flour mix to get a bread crumb consistency. Then sprinkle cold water little by little and bring together to get a dough. Do not knead to much. Cover with cling film and keep in the refrigerator for half an hour.
- Roll the pastry dough to an 1/2 inch thick equal circle. Cut out small circles with a round mould. Press down each cut circle into a greased muffin tray to get a cup shape. Place in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
Method for filling :
- Toss the apple slices over lime juice to avoid de – coloring of the apple slices.
- Pour little melted butter and 1/4 cup sugar over the sliced apples and microwave for one minute in a microwave safe vessel.
- Mix the remaining butter and sugar together. Apply it over the tart shells in the refrigerator.
- Lay 18 slices of microwaved, cooked apple slice over lapping each other. Roll them tightly from one end to the other to get a rose shape.
- Place the apple rose over the tart shell in the muffin tray. Do the same to all the apple slices.
- Place the muffin tray into the preheated oven and bake for 25 -30 minutes. Remove and cool completely.
- Heat the mixed fruit jam in a microwave oven for a minute to melt. Brush the melted jam over the apple roses and Serve.