Preparation time : 30 minutes + one hour marination time
Cooking time : 2 minutes for each batch deep fried
Serves : 6 members
Prawns is a family favorite. Anything and everything made with them are always welcome in the table for any meal. Fed up with the regular ways I cook them, I wanted a crispy fried dish made that could be served as a starter. Batter friend prawns is done regularly so not that. My mind was digging for what might give a crispy result. Cornflakes popped up. I started with the recipe and made sure to give the prawn a cornflakes crust. My experiment didn’t go for waste as it was a super hit at home. The crispy crust with the juicy prawn inside was like a marriage made in heaven. Me being the match maker here, was sure over whelmed.
Ingredients to marinate
|Prawns with tail||20 cleaned|
|Red chilly powder||1 teaspoon|
|Dried Oregano||1/2 teaspoon|
|ginger and garlic paste||1/2 teaspoon|
|lime juice||a squeez|
|ajinomoto||a pinch ( optional)|
- Marinate the prawn in all the above ingredients for one hour or more.
Ingredients for the crust
|Flour / Maida||1/2 cup|
|corn flour||1/2 cup|
|Corn flakes||3 cups|
|oil||to deep fry|
- Mix flour /maida and cornflour together along with salt to taste and water to get a thick gooey batter with no lumps.
- Place the cornflakes on a flat plate or tray . Take the marinated prawn piece and dip into the batter and press the prawn towards the cornflakes.
- Make sure the cornflakes has coated the prawn well. Turn over and do the same. Repeat the same to all the prawn.
Heat oil to deep fry.
- Add the prawn pieces 5 to 6 at a time. Lower the flame and fry till prawn is crisp. Drain. Serve hot with tomato sauce and mayonnaise.