Preparation Time : 15 minutes
Cooking Time : 15 minutes
Serving : 2 to 3 members
Uppuma is one breakfast dish no one at home likes . So any day planing to have a heavy lunch , breakfast at home is always Uppuma . Every one has it with a frown on their face . My hubby just has a look and leaves skipping breakfast . ( as I do and my maids too ) but when it’s vegetable kichadi every one loves it . We end up with an empty vessel always .
|Onion||3/4 cup finely chopped|
|Ginger paste||1/4 teaspoon|
|Garlic paste||1/4 teaspoon|
|Green chillies||2 slit|
|Vegetables||3/4 cup ( mix of beans, carrot, peas and capsicum )|
|tomato||1 small chopped|
|Turmeric powder||1/4 teaspoon|
|Chilli powder||to taste|
|Lime juice||a squeeze|
|Coriander leaves||few chopped|
|Ghee||1 1/2 tablespoon|
|Cinnamon||1 inch piece|
- Heat ghee in a pressure cooker adding cinnamon , clove and cardamom . Fry till fragvent .
- Top with onions and fry to brown . Add ginger garlic paste and fry to brown .top with mixed vegetables , green chillies , tomatoes , coriander leaves , mint leaves and salt to taste .
- Sauté for 5 minutes . Add curd , turmeric powder , chilli powder and stir well and cook for 3 minutes .
- Pour water and pressure cook for 1 whistle . Add a squeeze of lime and bring to boil . Taste and adjust .
- Add sooji little by little stirring continuously in reduced flame making sure no lumps are formed .
- When moisture is adsorbed and kichadi is cooked , remove from flame and serve hot .