Preparation Time : 20 minutes
Cooking Time : 30 minutes
Serving : 4 members
Recipe post by aarsha sophy abhilash for the competition. Description and picture is by aarsha sophy abhilash and recipe by me , as her link to the recipe she sent ended up in opening her facebook account. Her Description follows :
An Absolute Aromatic food, Kashmiri Biriyani with chicken legs is an easy to make biriyani which is a mix of different tates. This is not a spicy one as this takes in lots of milk and apple pieces, thus itself makes a kid favourite.
|Long Grain Rice (basmati)||2 cup|
|Cream Beaten||1/2 cup Smooth|
|Cumin Seeds||1/2 teaspoon|
|Canned Mixed Fruit||1 cup chopped and drained|
|Ginger garlic paste||1/2 teaspoon each|
|Edible Rose Petals||2 - 3|
|Saffron||a pinch soaked in 1 tablespoon of warm milk|
- Wash rice and soak it for 15-20 minutes.
- In the meanwhile take a bowl and mix milk, cream, sugar and salt in it.
- Drain rice and keep it aside.
- Now, take a pan and heat ghee in it. Put cumin seeds, cinnamon, bay leaf, cardamoms and cloves in it.
- When the seeds start to crackle, add ginger garlic paste and fry to crisp . top with chicken pieces and fry for 5 minutes . add rice and fry in ghee for 2 minutes.
- Add milk and cream mixture to it along with ½ cup water and bring it to boil. Add the chopped apple . When boiled, simmer the flame, cover it with lid and let it cook.
- Make sure that the rice is not overcooked and it can be separated too.
- Now, gently mix it in drained fruit and sprinkle soaked saffron and finely broken rose petals over it.
- Serve it hot with dhal.