Preparation Time : 20 minutes
Cooking Time : 30 minutes
Serving : 6 members
Butter chicken . The regular dish that we order when ever we go to a restaurant. I used to make Butter chicken following another recipe that i took note of from my moms recipe book but my daughter Anisha made butter chicken at Home recently. It was much butter in taste , appearance and texture. Sure whoever tries this recipe will have a date with butter chicken .
|onion||3 big sliced|
|tomato||6 big chopped|
|ginger garlic paste||1 teaspoon|
|butter||5 table spoon|
|oil||1 table spoon|
|chilli powder||1 table spoon|
|coriander powder||1 1/2 table spoon|
|turmeric powder||1/4 tea spoon|
|fresh cream||1/4 cup|
|kasuri methi leaves||1/2 teaspoon crushed|
vegetarians can use 1 packet of panner 250 gm instead of chicken.
- Marinate chicken in salt to taste and turmeric powder for 10 minutes . ( if useing panner do the same and shallow fry in oil and keep aside )
- Heat oil with 4 table spoons butter . Add cinnamon , clove , cardamom and cashew nuts . Fry to light brown.
- Add onion and fry to transculent . Top with ginger garlic paste and fry till crisp .
- Add the tomato , chilli powder and coriander powder . Mix well and fry till the tomatoes let out some juices out .
- Add the marinated chicken ,add enough water and cook till chicken is tender . Remove the chicken pieces and set aside .
- Cool the gravy and blend to a smooth paste . Strain . Add 1 tablespoon butter, sugar , salt to taste , cream , chicken pieces , kasuri methi to the strained gravy and simmer till all the flavours infuse together . Taste and adjust .
- Serve hot garnished with cream and butter .
- In case useing panner , follow the same recipe omitting chicken .
- Add the fried panner in the end and serve hot.