Preparation Time : 15 minutes
Cooking Time : 30 minutes
Serving : 6 members
As usual was switching channels in the television . Got to see nigella lawson just finish this awesome strawberrie crumble . God , the feeling when you get to miss watching in tv . Immediately searched through the net for her recipe for strawberrie crumble . Was really lucky , I got the recipe in my first attempt . Took note of it but getting good strawberries is another miracle to happen in my place . Second time lucky that I found good quality strawberries in a department store day before yesterday . Grabed them , came home and gave the recipe a try . Looked awesome . Wanted to dig in immediately but could not , as last night was my friend priyas wedding anniversary . So we friends had planned to go out for dinner . Took the dessert along and it was a big hit . Tasted awesome as it looked .
|Strawberries||500 gm hulled|
|castor sugar||50 gm|
|powdered almonds||25 gm|
|vanilla essence||1 teaspoon|
|baking powder||1 teaspoon|
|butter||75 gm diced|
|almond flakes||100 gm|
|brown Demerara sugar||75 gm ( can use normal brown sugar ( jaggery ) or castor sugar ) I used light brown sugar crystals|
|double cream||to serve|
- Preheat oven to 200 degree Celsius . Mix hulled strawberries , sugar , almond powder and venilla essence together . Grease a pie or baking dish with butter .
- Fill the base with the strawberrie mixture . Mix flour and baking powder together . Rub in cold butter between thum and fingers .
- It should resemble rough , pale oat meal . Stir in flaked almonds and brown sugar with a fork .
- Tip the topping over the strawberrie filling , covering the strawberries in an even layer .
- Bake in the preheated oven for half an hour . The crumble topping will have darkened to a pale gold and some pink – red juicies will be seeping and bubbling out .
- Leave to stand for 10 minutes before serving . Grind 10 strawberries with sugar to taste . Bring to boil .
- Cool and mix with double cream to get a pale pink colour cream to serve with the strawberry crumble .