Preparation Time : 35 minutes
Cooking Time : 20 minutes
Serving : 10 members
One dish my mom takes over my grand mothers and all the best cooks I know till date . I have won many hearts through my cooking skills but fail to get my boy Afars heart . As he is a hard core fan of my moms cooking and his favourite is her fish curry . This dish sure will tickle all your senses .
|tamarind pulp||1 1/2 cup|
|chilli powder||6 table spoons ( or according to taste as this curry is very hot )|
|coconut ground||1/2 a coconut|
|thick coconut milk||1 cup|
|green chillies||4 slit|
|small onions||2 1/2 hands cut into ½|
|coconut oil||5 table spoons|
|cumin seeds||1 tea spoon|
|fenugreek seeds||1/2 tea spoon|
- Marinate fish in little salt , 1 tablespoon chilli powder and 1 tablespoon tamarind pulp . Set aside .
- Mix tamarind pulp , ground coconut , coconut milk , 4 tablespoon chilli powder , green chillies , 3/4 of small onions and salt to taste together .
- Add 4 cups of water to the tamarind coconut paste mix . Taste and adjust and set aside . Heat oil , add fenugreek seeds , cumin seeds , small onions and garlic flakes .
- Fry till the fenugreek crackles . Add the chopped tomatoes and fry till oil separates . Top with 1 tablespoon chilli powder and fry for 10 seconds as to get a good red colour to the curry .
- Pour the mixed tamarind ,coconut paste mixture over . Cover with a lid and cook till green chillies are cooked and colour changes .
- Lower the flame to medium and add the marinated fish pieces and cook for 5 minutes or until fish is cooked .
- Simmer for another 5 minutes till oil floats on top. Serve hot with boiled rice , idli or dosa .