Preparation Time : 20 minutes
Cooking Time : Nil – If tandoori chicken is already ready in hand
Serving : 5 members
Tandoori chicken salad . Salad was rocket science to me until I realized that its just a combination of raw vegetables with a dressing and few crispy garnishes to pike it up . This salad was the first salad that I came up with when I first started to cook but with out the tandoori chicken and the crushed pepper paped . From then till date , I religiously make this salad with a few twists every time a salad is required on the table as its fuss free , so simple to make , high in taste and all the ingredients are cupboard friendly at home . This salad is a great healthy eating option as there is no oil used . The nutritional boost of this salad will make it your go to food to beat the diet flunk . I made this salad when my friend meera aboo thamby had come over for lunch along with her family . Her hubby aboo ( Annan ) just loved this salad that he made sure to pack the left overs before they left . I made four salads and still this salad managed to stand out among them all . The best part being it was the easiest salad to pull of and even beginners can raise a lot of eye brows around .
|Tandoori chicken flesh shredded||1 cup|
|Carrot||1/2 cup cut into strips|
|Onions||sliced thinly 1/2 cup|
|Cabbage||shredded 1/4 cup|
|Tomato||1 big chopped|
|Green chillies||4 chopped finely|
|Coriander leaves||chopped 2 teaspoons|
|Lime juice||1/2 lime|
|Vinegar||1 1/2 tablespoon|
|Pepper paped||2 tossed over flame or microwaved for 30 - 40 seconds and crushed .
- Mix tandoori chicken pieces , carrots , cabbage , onions , tomato ,cucumber , green chillies and coriander leaves together .
- Add salt , lime juice and vinegar and toss well . Taste and adjust .
- The salad must be a bit tangy . Place in the fridge until required to serve . Garnish with crushed pepper paped and serve .
- Vegetarians can substitute with tandoori panner and do the same .
- Make sure you add the crushed pepper paped just before serving so that the paped stays crisp .