Preparation time : 10 minutes
Cooking time : 1 -2 minutes + setting time in the refrigerator for 6 hours or overnight
Serves : 6-8 members
Sending over food to people who really cook well gets me loose on my knees and if it’s to my father-in-laws place it’s even worse. Every year in the holy month of Ramadan, I make sure to share biriyani with all my close and dear ones. This year I just wanted to surprise every one with a dessert, snack and a main course instead. This dessert was sent over to my father-in-laws elder brother and younger brothers homes. As the entire holy month of Ramadan was extremely hot and humid, I wanted to make a dessert that was light with no eggs and less sugar. I was going through all my recipe links and I saw the tropical punch mock tail link that has ripe mangoes, tender coconut and palm fruit in it. The bulb moment… with a splash of spark in my mind, why not make a pudding with this same combination?? Tender coconut pudding is a regular at home which I can make when blind folded as well… I just added ripe mango bits and crushed Palm fruits to my regular tender coconut pudding. The results were too good with the recipe being asked from both my father-in-laws place. The little remains at home was relished by me alone.. Enjoying that moment of having it all for myself and not to share.. (Shame less, greedy, greedy me)
|condensed milk||1 cup|
|tender coconut water||1 cup + 1/4 cup to soak the gelatin|
|Vegetarian gelatin||3 and a 1/2 tea spoons|
|Tender coconut flesh||of 1 tender coconut|
|Ripe mango||1 peeled and chopped|
|Palm fruits||8 peeled and crushed with hands|
- Soak gelatin in a microwave safe bowl with 1/4 cup tender coconut water. Set aside to bloom for 5 minutes.
- Blend tender coconut water, milk and condensed milk together. Pour into wide vessel. Mix in the tender coconut flesh, chopped mangoes and crushed palm fruits. Mix well.
- Microwave the bloomed gelatin for 30 seconds to dissolve. Cool to room temperature.
- Mix the cooled gelatin into the tropical pudding mix and pour into a pudding tray or individual cups.
- Place in the refrigerator to set for six hours or overnight and serve chilled.
- In case you don’t have a microwave, you can Double boil the gelatin till dissolved and gets to a liquid running consistency. Cool completely and use.