Preparation Time : 20 minutes
Cooking Time : 25 minutes
Serving : 5 members
Mini muffin pizzas . A recipe I first came across in a foodie group in Facebook , home bakers guild . Rajashri Manoj had posted it and i just went head over heels seeing her haute make over post . Book marked the recipe but time didn’t permit me to give a try . Finally gave it a try with a home made pizza sauce from scratch . The beauty of this recipe is that it comes together very quickly . Thinking I had pizza sauce in stock went ahead giving this recipe a try , only after I baked my pizza muffins did I note I didn’t have it in my pantry . Immediately just made a sauce with what ever came to my mind with my trimmings and was surprised with the out come .this poshed – up version of pizza sauce from scratch was delicious . Hubby dear hates pizza in spite of the global craze it has so with fingers crossed served it to him on the Iftar table . ( Iftar table made me cross my fingers double the more ) . Thank fully he liked it as the muffins were soft , moist and packed with flavour , not chewy like normal pizza ‘S . The chewy part is what hubby hates about pizza’s . The pizza muffins bursted with a satisfying plop on hubby’s plate . So Folks , sure can’t escape this must have casual bites .
|Flour/ maida||3/4 Cup|
|Baking powder||3/4 teaspoon|
|Egg||1 lightly beaten|
|Mozzarella cheese shredded||4 ounces (about 1 cup)|
|Bell Pepper / capsicum (green , red and yellow||1/2cup very finely chopped|
|Boiled sweet corn kernels||1/4 cup|
|Garlic||1 flack crushed|
|Chilli flakes||to taste|
|Onions||1/2 Cup finely chopped|
|finely chopped fresh basil/ dried basil||1 tablespoons|
- Preheat oven to 375. Grease a 24-cup mini muffin pan. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour and baking powder; whisk in the milk and egg.
- Stir in the mozzarella , bell peppers , onions ,sweet corn , salt , chilli flakes , garlic and let the mixture stand for 10 minutes.
- Stir the batter and divide among the greased mini-muffin cups. Bake until puffed and golden for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle the mini pizza muffins with basil. Serve them with the pizza sauce for dipping.
Ingredients Pizza sauce
|Ripe tomatoes||1/2 kg blended|
|Olive oil||2 tablespoons|
|Garlic||2 cloves crushed|
|Stock cube||1 ( I used maggi chicken stock cube )|
|Dried Basil||1 teaspoon|
|Chilli powder||1 teaspoon|
- Heat a non – stick saucepan with olive oil . Fry the garlic to light brown .
- Top with flour and sauté making sure no lumps are formed .Pour the blended tomatoes . And mix well .
- Add salt to taste , maggi stock cube and 3 -4 cups of water and boil until raw smell goes and sauce thickens .
- Season with basil , oregano , chilli powder and sugar . Taste and adjust and serve with the mini pizza muffins .
- You can add spinach , shredded chicken , sausages , pineapples , olives or any other ingredient of choice to the mini pizza muffins and bake .