Preparation Time : 20 minutes
Cooking Time : 8 minutes
Serving : 5 – 6 members
Irani samosa . A dish which lalitha Varatharajan had got along with her self for the recipe swap get together for the first anniversary of sauté , fry n bake celebration . A vegetarian delight , so simple to make and high in taste . I had to allow plenty of stomach room for experimentation that day and just had a bite of each dish to taste but could not stop with a bite on these Irani samosas … Ended up gobbling one . At times savoury treats are a refreshing alternative to sweet ones.the samosas got the sweetness of the poha , the crunchiness of the onions and a subtle citrus tang from the lime juice . This dish won the second prize in the recipe swap event .more than it being remembered for its taste … And second prize .. it sure will be remembered for the enthusiasm and high sprits lalitha had that day . We ladies just freaked out and were our true own selves that day . Well .. Lalitha and myself are gym mates , that’s where I got to meet her first . Now we are very close friends for another main reason being , her elder two sons are studying in good shepherd international school , Ooty were I did my schooling :-)) . She did get me a glass pie dish as a surprise gift for crossing the 2000 likes in sauté , fry n bake and our bonding is getting stronger and stronger day by day :-))
|spring roll sheets||as need|
|onlions chopped||1 cup|
|pressed rice or poha||1 cup|
|chat masala||1/2 ( half teaspoon)|
|chilli powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|coriander leaves||1 banch chopped|
|cumin powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|lemon juice||1 teaspoon|
|green chilly||3 number chopped|
|oil||to deep fry|
- Take a bowl add chopped onions and the same quantity of poha along with chilli powder,cumin powder,chat masala,coriander leaves,green chilly and mix well.
- In a small bowl add 1tsp of Maida mix with some water and make a paste, keep a side.
- Now take one springroll sheet and make a cone,put onion and poha mixture inside this cone,
- Apply littlebit Maida mixture and paste it.In a pan add oil to deep fryFirst half fry the samosas,and remove , then after 5 minutes fry again till golden colour.
- Fry it in medium flame not hot oil. Do not fry in hot oil.
- We add same amount of poha equal to onions .This helps to absorb the moister in the chopped onions .This is very famous in HYDERABAD.