Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time : 1 hour 15 minutes
Serving : 8 members
I have a habit of exploring and tasting new recipes . Any restaurant I go to I make it a point to order what ever is new in their menu . Once On a holiday to ooty , we were recommended to a new place called Kings cliff by a friend for lunch . (Its one among the best restaurents in my best liked eat outs ) I got to see lasagna on their menu and ordered for myself . I was been laughed at by all my cousins , hubby n kids . Gosh the lasagna was so very delicious that I got just a signal spoon for myself . My kids kept talking about lasagna after that . I got this recipe from the net but have made changes according to the Indian taste buds .
|chicken(boneless)||1/2 kg (minced)|
|coriander leaves||4 table spoons chopped|
|oregano||1 tea spoon|
|basil||1 tea spoon|
|tomato||1/2 kg ( blanched , skin removed and chopped )|
|tomato paste||8 ( grind tomatoes without water )|
|cottage cheese||24 ounce|
|pepper||1/2 tea spoon|
|dry red chillies||8 to 10 ( ground coarsely )|
|Parmesan cheese||1/2 cup grated|
|mozzarella cheese||1 small packet|
|lasagna noodles||12 to 15 sheets|
- Brown onion, garlic and minced chicken in 2 table spoons of olive oil . Add salt to taste , chilli flakes, oregano ,basil, 1/2 of coriander leaves , blanched tomatoes and tomato paste .
- Cook till chicken is cooked and gets to a thick saucy consistency . Cook lasagna noodles according to packet instructions . Drain and keep aside .
- Combine eggs , pepper , salt to taste , cottage cheese , rest of coriander leaves , Parmesan cheese and 1/2 of mozzarella cheese together .
- Grease a square or rectangle baking dish . Layer the noodles sheet length wise first , top it with meat sauce followed by egg mix spread evenly all around .
- Top with grated Parmesan Cheese and mozzarella cheese making sure it is covered Well .Repeat with 2 more layers as such.
- Top layer should be lasagna sheet . Sprinkle evenly with mozzereella cheese and Parmesan cheddar . Bake at 200 degrees centigrade for 30 to 40 minutes until cheese mixture is cooked thoroughly .