Preparation Time : 15 minutes
Cooking Time : 4-5 minutes for each batch deep fried
Serving : 4 members
Every year during the holy month of Ramadan I make sure to come up with exciting bite – sized treats that are easy to make and high in taste . Ditching the regular deep fried treats once in a while through out the holy month with fillings and names varying from the regular does work as a sure fire pleaser . Like wise , this was one such treat that I made to finish up the chicken + veggie filling I had made for samosas the previous day . The instant noodles cooked with its taste maker , mixed with this left over filling and spiked with other few ingredients . Then deep fried resulted in a soft , moist inside contrasting with the crispy crunchy outside . The joy in breaking down left overs and taking it to another level by mixing and matching to create new jaw dropping creations is delightful always . All you need to do to hide the left over’s used in a dish is to lift the sinful treat straight to the table confidently and serve with lots of love . That’s my secret mantra and it works always :-)) .
|Maggi noodles||1 small packet cooked to packet directions and cooled completely|
|Boiled shredded boneless chicken with salt + pepper powder to taste||1/4 cup|
|Boiled chopped vegetables||1/4 cup ( mix of carrot , cabbage and beans )|
|Red chilli flakes||to taste|
|Corn flour||1 tablespoon|
|Maida / flour||1 tablespoon|
|Ajinomoto||a pinch ( optional )|
|Spring onion greens||1 teaspoon chopped|
|Oil||to deep fry|
- Mix all ingredients together except for oil to deep fry . Roll into lemon size balls gently making sure not to mesh up the noodles .
- Heat oil to deep fry . Once the oil is hot ,Drop in 4 noodle balls at a time and fry to a light golden colour and crisp .
- Drain and serve hot with a choice of dips .
- Vegetarians can avoid the chicken used for a veggie version or substitute with soya chunks or panner .
- Can do the same with prawns as well .